East Ayton bungalow blaze

0
Have your say

AN electrical fault caused a blaze at a Scarborough home in Racecourse Road.

Fire crews were called to the semi detached bungalow in East Ayton at 3.49pm yesterday afternoon.

Two engines from Scarborough attended the blaze, which started in the kitchen of the property.

Crews used four breathing aids, two hose reals and a fan to aid ventialtion.

The flames caused ten per cent fire damage and 90 per cent smoke damage to the kitchen.

There were not reports of any casualties as a result of the blaze.

The fire was believed to have been cause by an electrical fault.

Fire crews returned to Scarborough fire station at 4.40pm.