Electrical fault blamed for bus fire

A bus caught fire on Seamer Road this afternoon.
A bus caught fire on Seamer Road this afternoon.

Firefighters were called to Seamer Road after a bus caught fire this afternoon.

The engine compartment of the single-decker - believed to be an East Yorkshire Motor Service bus - burst into flames as a result of an electrical fault, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

Crews from Scarborough were called to the scene, near the Falsgrave Road junction petrol station, at 15.39 and managed to extinguish the fire in less than 10 minutes.

No one was injured in the incident.

Traffic is now moving again following earlier delays on Seamer Road after the road was closed both ways due to the fire.