Fire crews called when DIY job went wrong

Firefighters were called to the incident on Manor Road
Firefighters were called to the incident on Manor Road

Scarborough crews attended a fire in a kitchen after a gas pipe was cut during some DIY work.

Firefighters were called to a fire to floorboards in a kitchen, in Manor Road, at just after 11.30am yesterday (Sunday February 19).

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said the fire broke out when the occupant sawed through a gas pipe during some DIY work.

Firefighters used one hose reel jet to extinguish and removed the smoldering floorboards.