Patient set on fire at hospital

Scarborough Hospital
Scarborough Hospital
0
Have your say

A PATIENT at Scarborough Hospital was set on fire during an operation, the Evening News can reveal.

The patient, who has not been named, caught alight during a procedure to clean the skin.

Hospital bosses have confirmed the victim has now been discharged.

Liz Booth, the hospital’s director of operations, said: “I can confirm that during a surgical procedure a solution used to clean the skin ignited, causing skin burns to the patient.

“The skin burn was treated immediately and the patient was kept in hospital over night.

“As a precaution the patient was transferred to Castle Hill Hospital for further assessment and on return was discharged.

“We are extremely sorry for any pain and distress caused to the patient.

“A full investigation commenced within minutes of the incident occurring and a final report will be produced and shared with the family.”