A raging fire melted a white van, before the flames set fire to a garden hedge.
The dramatic blaze broke out just after 9am on Monday March 23 near homes in Scarborough Road.
A shed also caught fire, as two teams of firefighters raced to douse the red-hot flames as smoke bellowed out over Filey.
“The fire was really bad,” said one onlooker.
“The flames looked like they had melted the van, and it got so out of control that the fire started spreading to the hedge next to it.
“It was really frightening and a lot of people were out watching it.”
North Yorkshire Fire Rescue have not yet disclosed how the fire started, although they confirmed the van and shed had both been destroyed.
In a statement, the fire service said: “Crews from Filey were called to reports of a Transit van on fire on Scarborough Road, Filey at 9.08am.
“Upon arriving crews found the Transit van well alight and the fire had spread to a shed measuring six feet by four feet and hedgerow.
“Crews extinguished it using two breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and small tools. There was 100 per cent fire damage to the vehicle cab and the shed.”