‘Kit car’ starts fire

editorial image

A blaze at a detached garage in Scarborough today is believed to have been caused by a kit car which caught fire.

A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two fire engines from Scarborough were called to deal with a fire in a detached domestic garage on Nightingale Lane in the town.

“The fire is believed to have started in a ‘Kit’ car inside the garage and has caused fire, heat and smoke damage to both the car and the garage.

“Fire crews have used a hosereel, a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan to tackle the blaze.”

The spokesperson added that the blaze took less than an hour to extinguish.