The Scarborough Lions bonfire and fireworks display is now going ahead following a major outcry from residents.
Earlier this week the club announced that there was to be no display this year.
It told The Scarborough News that it had not been able to get site for the display and blamed Scarborough Council for the fact that the event, which attracts more than 5,000 people, will not be taking place.
The news sparked a string of angry complaints from residents, who took to Twitter and Facebook to air their objections.
But the authority has now agreed that the Weaponness Valley car park can once again be used for the display.
It will be the third time the display has been held at the venue.
Alan Deacon, president of Scarborough Lions Club said: “Business as usual thanks to the co-operation and help from Scarborough Borough Council. The Lions look forward to greeting the many thousands of parents and children who will be able to enjoy a firework display at the Weaponness site, in a safe and controlled environment.
Andy Skelton, Scarborough Council’s director of service delivery, added: “We are pleased that we’ve been able to make the Weaponness site available for the bonfire and fireworks display and we will providing the same support as we have in previous years.
“We know the event is always popular with local residents, particularly families and we are sure this year’s event will be equally well received.”
The event will take place on Wednesday, November 5, with gates opening at 5pm. The Mayor of the Borough of Scarborough, Cllr Pat Marsburg, will light the bonfire at 6.15pm and the fireworks will start at 7pm.
Entry is £2.50 and it is free for children.