Nostalgia: Pavilion Hotel and Square

editorial image

Dominating this picture is the former magnificent Pavilion Hotel to the left with Pavilion Square in the centre foreground.

The hotel was bought by the Laughton family in 1908 after moving across the road from their former home the Victoria Hotel on Westborough.

The new proprietor of the Pavilion Hotel, Robert Laughton, laid a private green next to his hotel in Pavilion Square where sporting pastimes including bowls was played.

The hotel was bulldozed in 1973.

Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.

Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-160822-114303050.