NEWS that a promised £800,000 of Yorkshire Forward funding has been reinstated to the renovation of Scarborough’s historic Spa building has been welcomed by councillors.
Last year the funding for the project was cut but last week it was revealed that it had been restored and was discussed at Monday’s meeting of the Projects and Partnerships Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
John Riby, the Scarborough Council’s head of technical services, said told members that it was “good news”. He said: “Confirmation has been received. The 12 month project is highly challenging.”
He added that the venue was due to open at the beginning of May and was hoping that a site visit could be organised for committee members who have monitored the project throughout.