Firefighters were called to a blaze in Huntriss Row after a fire started at an address in the street.
Crews from both Scarborough and Filey were called to the incident, which was reported at roughly 9.15 on Saturday, September 29.
The property was evacuated as fire officers dealt with the fire, which started in an oven at the property.
A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said that the fire caused around 40 square metres of damage to the kitchen and oven.
Officers have attributed the fire to an electrical fault with the oven.
They used breathing apparatus and dry power to tackle the fire.
The crews then left the area, with the last crew leaving the incident at around 10.46pm.
Nobody is believed to have been injured by the fire.
For more information about the force, visit northyorksfire.gov.uk
Call 999 in an emergency.