Woman taken to hospital following house fire

editorial image

A woman was taken to hospital following an early hours house fire in Scarborough.

The fire broke out in the kitchen of a house in Nelson Street at 2.20am today.

A spokesman for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Upon arrival crews discovered there had been a fire in the kitchen but this was out on arrival.

“The fire, which is believed to have started from a pan on the cooker hob, had caused approximately 5 per cent fire damage to the kitchen and 95 per cent smoke damage to the room.

“Crews administered oxygen to the female occupant who was suffering smoke inhalation before she was transported to hospital via road ambulance.

“Crews used two breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera, first aid kit and oxygen whilst at this incident.”