Metcalfe departs, but Boro snap up Real Madrid man

Boro news
Boro news
0
Have your say

Scarborough Athletic may have been frozen off on Saturday afternoon, but it has still been a busy weekend.

New boss Steve Kittrick has snapped up three players over the two days, while attacker Alex Metcalfe has departed the club.

Metcalfe, who made over 40 appearances for the Queensgate outfit and scored nine goals, has cited work commitments as he reason for moving on.

Kittrick has maintained his forceful start to taking the hot seat though by adding former Real Madrid youth Carles Ileches-Parra to the fold.

The 30-year-old follows Tom McNamee and keeper Nicky Draper into the squad, that pair signing after a training session on Saturday morning, which replaced the postponed trip to Kendal.

Ileches-Parra had been training with North Ferriby in recent weeks. Before that he spent two years at Spanish giants Madrid, as well as spending time at Alicante, UD Olivia and Olimpic de Xativa.

Boss Kittrick said: "Carles has been training with us and we will have a look at him in a game situation on Tuesday against Marske.

"He obviously has good pedigree and I know that North Ferriby were impressed with him, but they didn't have room for him in their squad at this moment in time.

"As regards Alex, he has told my assistant Chris Bolder that he was struggling with his work commitments and that he hadn't been playing well. Sometimes work has to come first.

"We wish Alex all the best and move on.

"Nobody else will be leaving us, but it is all up to the players now.

"They have the chance to show me what they are all about and help us get the points to get us up that table."