Peter Andre is coming to the Futurist

editorial image
0
Have your say

AUSTRALIAN singer and celebrity jungle survivor Peter Andre is heading to Scarborough for an appearance at the Futurist Theatre next year, it has been revealed.

The news followed last week’s announcement that the current operators had their contract extended until the end of 2013.

He is due to play in Scarborough on Thursday, November 29, 2012 as part of a 22-date UK tour which will end in the Isle of Wight on December 14.

In a message to his fans Peter said: “I am so pleased to be touring again which is a chance for me to get close to the British public which I adore so much. I promise this will be my best tour yet and I have a few surprises in store, so I can get Up Close and Personal with all of you.”

Barrie Stead, the theatre’s current operator, said Peter had promised to return the last time he was in Scarborough. He added: “We are always very pleased when we can announce a major star and he is a major star.

“He was with us a few years ago. He had Katie Price with him as well. We had a long chat in the dressing room and he said ‘I’ve really enjoyed it and next time I tour I will come back to Scarborough’.

“It was great that this tour is a mammoth tour and we are included in the major concert venues.”

He said that when the Futurist was included in nationally advertised tours it really helped the theatre. “It helps to promote the theatre and it brings people into Scarborough in the middle of winter.

“When you look down the list where the tour is going everywhere has at least 2,000 seats – if the Futurist wasn’t there he wouldn’t be appearing in Scarborough.”

Yesterday members of Scarborough Council’s Environment and Economy Scrutiny Committee approved recommendations outlined from findings made by the Futurist Task Group.

The report will next be considered by members of the Cabinet next month before being debated by the full council.

If approved and, following a public consultation process, a suitable developer appointed then work on redeveloping the site could begin in summer 2014.

An appeal into the refusal of an application to grant the theatre listed building status is currently being processed by English Heritage.