East Yorkshire buses run as normal during national lockdown
Bus company East Yorkshire has announced that Scarborough buses will continue to run as normal during the national lockdown.
The decision was made to allow key workers to get to work and essential journeys to be made.
Ben Gilligan, East Yorkshire’s area director, said: “We will still be running all our Scarborough and Bridlington services as normal, to allow key workers to get to work and so people can do food shopping and get to medical appointments.
“However, to keep everyone safe, we want to remind people that it’s now even more vital that they follow safety advice when travelling, including wearing face coverings throughout the journey.”
To allow everyone to get around safely, it’s important that those who are travelling for essential purposes such as employment and grocery shopping should continue to follow safety advice, including:
○ Travelling at quiet times, where possible
○ Washing your hands before and after travelling
○ Paying by contactless or buying a ticket on the East Yorkshire Buses app, rather than paying with cash
○ Wearing a face covering throughout the journey
○ Staying at home and not travelling if you have any coronavirus symptoms, however mild
Visit www.eastyorkshirebuses.co.uk for more details.