Scarborough Hospital team praised after outbreak of vomiting bug
This team from Scarborough Hospital have been honoured for their hard work getting their ward running again after it was hit by a vomiting bug.
Beech Ward - which deals with respiratory medicine - had to be shut because of norovirus and, when it was re-opened, undergo a deep clean.
When it became clear that, three hours after re-opening and with three bays still to clean, there were not enough domestic staff, the rest of the ward's team joined in to help.
Everyone from students and agency staff to bed managers rolled up their sleeves and got stuck in, taking down curtains and washing walls, so that patients could get back in their bays.
The ward's team have been presented with York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust's Star Award for their efforts.
The monthly award recognise outstanding individuals or teams who have innovated, impressed and made a real difference.