Civic dignitries gather on the jetty at the boathouse on Peasholm lake during the opening ceremony of Peasholm Park in June 1912.
The boathouse which stood for over 100 years has been demolished due subsidence in its foundations. A new boathouse will be built in a similar oriental style.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection. Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-180430-092735050.