View along Ramshill Road towards St Andrew’s United Reformed Church.
Opened in 1876, the large building on the right was owned by the South Cliff Bathing Company and contained 24 separate bathrooms comprising warm and cold sea water, galvanic, vapour, sulphur, alkaline and other medicated baths.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection. Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-171124-123817050.