Scarborough lifeboat, The Lady Leigh is pictured being pulled by two teams of shire horses possilbly a ceremonial occasion judging by the crowds gathered to watch the scene and the lifeboat crew sat on board.
The Lady Leigh was a gift of the Freemasons of Warwickshire and was on station from 1872 until 1887. She was called out 42 times and saved 106 lives.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.
Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-161021-115434050.