Picture shows the magnificent Raven Hall Hotel situated on the cliff top at Ravenscar.
Raven Hall, built in 1774, was once owned by Dr Francis Willis, physician to King George III, and it is rumoured, without evidence, that King George stayed there during his treatment. In 1890 the estate was sold to the Peak Estate Company for development as a holiday resort.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.
Reprints can be ordered from our offices with proceeds going to local charities. Please telephone 0330 123 0203 and quote this reference number YRN-151210-115943050.