Nostalgia: Foot of Scarborough Castle

editorial image

Looking towards the foot of Scarborough Castle before the development of Marine Drive and the building of the Toll House.

The foundation stone for Marine Drive was laid in June 1897 with the road finally opening to the public in April 1908.

Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.

Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-160909-124443050.