Picture shows Queen Margaret’s School which was located on the corner of Queen Margaret’s Road and Filey.
The school was established in 1901 by the Woodard Foundation, an organisation committed to the establishment of boarding schools where teaching would be firmly based on the Christian religion. Following evacuation to Pitlochry during the First World War, and then to Castle Howard during the Second, the school finally moved to Escrick Park, six miles south of York, in 1949.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.
Reprints can be ordered from our offices with proceeds going to local charities.
To order a copy of this picture please telephone 0330 1230203 a quote this reference number YRN-151116-151911050