Picture shows the Warwick Revolving Tower situated above Scarborough’s North Bay.
The tower was owned by the Warwick Revolving Tower Company and opened to the public in 1898.
Although the owners had been supported by shareholders throughout England, the company was in trouble by late 1900 and wound up in 1902.
Scarborough’s tower lasted until 1907, when it was removed as an eyesore.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection. Reprints can be ordered from our offices with proceeds going to local charities.
To order a copy of this picture please telephone 0330 1230203 and quote this reference number YRN-151123-094237050.