Bradshaw & Beadle steer Pier to success

Saturday League reports
Saturday League reports

West Pier took another step closer to the Scarborough & District Saturday League Division One title on Monday night when they swept aside Hunmanby United by a 6-1 scoreline.

Andy Spivey's outfit moved ahead when Jamie Bradshaw found the top corner after a set-piece was cleared into his path.

United striker James Pinder then had a couple of great chances to restore parity, but on both occasions he fluffed his lines.

The Pier lead was doubled just before the break when Jimmy Beadle continued his goalscoring form with a neat finish.

Bradshaw bagged his second when the new half got underway and then Beadle concluded his brace to make it 4-0.

Neil Thomas glanced home a fifth for Pier and then Martin Cooper rounded off a superb team move to complete Pier's scoring.

Hunmanby's Mark Shackley trimmed the lead slightly with a goal in the very last minute.

Full-backs Tommy Barker and Chris Nelson shone for the victors.

Edgehill kept themselves on the heels of the table-toppers with a battling 3-1 success against Filey Town.

Danny Collins finished a long ball to give Edgehill an early advantage, which was soon added to by the same player after he outmuscled a defender and lifted home.

Luke Jenkinson squared for Collins to seal his treble just before the half-time oranges.

Liam Sugden pulled a goal back for Filey on the hour, but boosted by fine performances from Collins and defender Lloyd Henderson, Edgehill hung on for the points.

In Division Two, Goal Sports continued their outstanding run with a 5-3 win against fellow high-flyers Seamer Sports Reserves.

Goal Sports, who are unbeaten since early December, moved two goals ahead through a Liam Fraser screamer and a lofted Tyson Stubbings finish.

Tommy Adams halved the deficit with a header, but John Grayston polished off a rebound to make it 3-1.

After a Nick Heggarty striker brought Seamer back into it once again, Stubbings drove Goal Sports clear with two goals to complete his hat-trick.

Connor Myerscough scored a consolation for Seamer to make it 5-3 late in the day.

Duchess won their clash against Falsgrave Athletic 3-0.

A 44th minute own goal lit up a relatively action-free first half, before a Nick Bell header doubled the Duchess lead when the second 45 minutes got underway.

The impressive Bell, in a rare appearance, then fed Tom Hicks to make it three off the post.

Sam Mahoney and Paul Reddy caught the eye for Falsgrave.

Edgehill 3rds won the battle of Division Three's top two, beating Sherburn 4-2.

Sherburn charged into a two-goal lead, Liam Scott heading home and then Paul Mills picking out the bottom corner.

The game swung the other way when the second half got underway, with Gary Hepples making it 2-1 from the penalty spot.

Lee Cappleman emerged from goal and tapped home to level, then the former Boro man crashed in a 30-yard volley to move Edgehill in front.

Tom Scales made sure of all the points in the dying embers.