Crews attend fire in ground floor flat of three storey building in Givendale Road in Scarborough

Fire crews from Scarborough, Sherburn and Robin Hood's Bay responded to a fire in Scarborough yesterday (Feb 23).

By Corinne Macdonald
Monday, 24th February 2020, 10:28 am
Updated Monday, 24th February 2020, 10:29 am

The fire was in a ground floor flat of a three storey building in Givendale Road and started in a grill pan.

Damage was contained to grill pan only and fire crews stopped the fire from spreading.

A man, woman and child were checked by paramedics at the scene.

Sign up to our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter

File photo. Picture: JPI Media/ Richard Ponter

The fire service used breathing apparatus, one hose reel, a thermal imaging camera, a positive pressure ventilation fan and torches to extinguish the fire.