Dragons rescued as their home sets on fire

Share this article

A SCARBOROUGH family escaped injury after a tumble drier blaze in a kitchen.

The family of four were forced to flee their home after the drier set alight at a property in Bankside, in Eastfield, around 7.40pm on Tuesday evening.

A 35-year-old woman and three children, aged 11, 10 and five, had escaped from the building before firefighters arrived, though crews did rush into the property to save two bearded dragon lizards.

Firefighters used one hose reel and a ventilation fan to put out the fire, which destroyed the tumble drier.

The kitchen also suffered 50 per cent smoke damage, with smoke also affected parts of the ground and upper floors.