Electrical fault sparks van fire

Firefighters were called to put out a van on fire in Scarborough early today.

By Sarah Fitton
Monday, 5th October 2020, 8:26 am
Updated Monday, 5th October 2020, 8:30 am
Electrical fault sparks van blaze
Electrical fault sparks van blaze

The crew from Scarborough found the vehicle well alight on a driveway in the Eastfield area after being called just after midnight.

Sign up to our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter

They believe the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

They used a hose reel jet and breathing apparatus to put the flames out.