Fire breaks out in kitchen of basement flat in North Marine Road, Scarborough

One person was taken to hospital after a chip pan fire in a Scarborough flat.

Wednesday, 23rd September 2020, 10:06 am
Updated Wednesday, 23rd September 2020, 10:09 am
Firefighters were called to a kitchen blaze in Scarborough.

The blaze happened in the early hours of today on North Marine Road.

Crews from Scarborough, Filey and Sherburn were alerted at 12.52am to deal with the fire in the kitchen of a basement flat.

The flames caused extensive fire and smoke damage.

All occupants were out of the flat by the time firefighters arrived and one was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.

A message from the editor

Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.

In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.

Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the highest standards in the world. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers and consequently the advertising that we receive. We are now more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news by buying a copy of our newspaper.

Thank you,

Jean MacQuarrie, Editor-in-Chief