Four call-outs in three hours meant a busy Saturday afternoon for Scarborough’s firefighters.
Firstly, they headed to the town centre after a discarded cigarette sparked a fire in a bin on Westborough at 1.45pm.
Then, a barbecue accidently set of a blaze which spread to cover 100 square metres of grass at Eastfield.
After a false alarm, caused by cooking fumes, at a property on Longwestgate, crews headed to Tuthill at 4.30pm.
They had received reports of a fire in an open space, but discovered it was controlled burning.