It was a day late but it was worth the wait for those who gathered to welcome the Flying Scotsman into Scarborough.
he Flying Scotsman was originally built in Doncaster for the London and North Eastern Railway and was designed by Sir Nigel Gresley. It was completed on February 24, 1923 with the number 1472.
The following year it was renumbered, 4472, and given the name The Flying Scotsman after the London to Edinburgh service which started at 10am in 1862.
Its restoration has seen its traditional black paintwork be revamped in racing green.
Read more: http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/local/flying-scotsman-set-to-steam-into-scarborough-1-7741863#ixzz410iQY2lY