Letter: Council needs to let us know basic info
I was surprised to learn that the closed cable car station posts on North Bay promenade have at long last been removed.
The speed that social media had posted photographs and video of workmen cutting up the structure well into the early darkness of the evening was amazing, along with the comments querying why the structures had been left for years becoming an eyesore and why no-one seemed to know if this was done legitimately, and what if anything is planned for the bulge site it occupied.
I think that the structures could have been retained and painted up with banners advertising shows at the Open Air Theatre and tourist attractions.
It’s great to see Peasholm Park having money spent on it, removing the boathouse to replace the sinking structure was well overdue, but yet again, I wonder if a new structure copying the original could not have been afforded and re-built in the same location?
Like many Scarborough Council taxpayers, desperate for more communication, openness and transparency, I would like answers on:
1. When the new multiplex cinema is ever going to be built?
2. What is intended for the closed indoor pool in Ryndle Crescent?
3. When is the hotel is going to be constructed next to Alpamare waterpark.
4. When will the former Kinderland have an intended use and tidy up.
5. Marvels site update
6. When will the former Constitutional club site in Huntriss Row hotel extension work start and end.
7 When improvements will commence to the closed toilets adjacent to the Olympia amusements. Signs on the outside wall state the paying facilities are closed until the summer providing only two toilet cubicles at present.
Perhaps all will become clear ...shortly?
Peasholm Drive, Scarborough