Murray and Igiehon on target in Boro win

Boro report
Boro report

Scarborough Athletic collected another three-point haul on Saturday at Mossley to maintain their play-off ambitions.

Boro were clearly boosted by the win, but the fixture was marred by player assistant-manager Chris Bolder being taken to hospital after collapsing in the first-half.

The midfielder went down off the ball suffering from breathing difficulties and was stretchered from the pitch.

Athletic had made one alteration from Tuesday night's powerful win at Ramsbottom, with Adam Bolder booking a place in the midfield, replacing Niall Flint.

After a worthwhile penalty appeal, when Adam Bolder looked to have been tripped in the box, Boro were fortunate to survive a couple of scares.

Adam Bolder gave the ball away in the middle of the park, Tom Pratt broke free, but his shot was well pushed away by keeper Joe Green.

Green showed his worth once again from the resulting corner, tipping over a strong header from Keenan Quansah.

Boro soon began to kick on, resulting in Dom Roma's raking ball picking out a willing Jacob Hazel. Sadly the in-form striker drilled straight into the chest of home keeper Will Jones.

Mossley still looked a huge danger though, especially on the counter.

Mason Duffy looked to have broken the deadlock with 20 minutes on the clock, when he smashed a low drive towards the bottom corner. But somehow, Green stretched out a palm and diverted it away.

Having hung on during this sticky period, Boro took the lead on the half-hour.

Jones spilled a wicked free-kick into the box under challenge from Matty Turnbull and Cameron Murray rolled home one of the easiest goal he will ever score.

Mossley tried to level in the moments that followed, forcing some useful saves out of Green.

But, with the first-half petering out, Boro assistant-manager Chris Bolder went down off the ball and play was stopped for a lengthy period as he received treatment for breathing problems.

He was taken from the field on a stretcher by boss Steve Kittrick and a number of Boro players before being taken to hospital in an ambulance.

With Boro still slightly in shock when the game restarted, Mossley almost took advantage.

Quansah's drive was held by Green, Dave Merris had to clear a Liam Ellis header off the line and Matty Burke's scorching shot grazed the outside of the post.

Boro had Green to thank at the beginning of the second half, the gloveman making an unbelievable one-handed save to push away Duffy's effort after he charged through on goal.

Creaking under the pressure, Boro did manage the odd excursion forward, these trips mainly being booked by the tricky feet of Cameron Murray.

After a neat bit of link-up with Adam Bolder, the attacker whipped in a shot on goal, which was fumbled wide by the keeper.

Having soaked up many of the Mossley punches, Boro landed a knock-out blow of their own just after the hour.

Benny Ighiehon collected a corner on the penalty spot, he controlled neatly and smashed home through a crowded area.

The big striker looked to have added a second soon after, but, having rounded off a delightful move, his celebrations were cut short by the linesman's flag.

Sub Craig Nelthorpe suffered the same fate in the final five minutes. Lobbing the ball deliciously over the keeper and into the net, but the offside trap worked a treat for the hosts.

By then, the job had been done for Kittrick's men, with another vital three points being snaffled.