Close-up view of the Grand Hotel and the Spa foobridge toll booths on St Nicholas Cliff.
Spa footbridge opened to the public on a sunny day in July 1827.
The price for pedestrians to use the bridge was fixed at five shillings for an annual ticket and three shillings for a fortnight’s pass.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection. Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote this reference number YRN-160401-123150050.