Nostalgia: Model of Scarborough's South Bay bathing pool
The pool was the brainchild of Borough Engineer, Harry W Smith and construction began in 1913 after the council purchased South Cliff gardens the previous year.
Despite the First World War the new attraction was completed for the 1915 summer season.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection.
Reprints can be ordered with proceeds going to local charities. Telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-161219-092011050.