Police are asking people to be vigilant after a spate of attempted burglaries in the Scalby Road and Hatterboard Drive areas.
Five incidents took place overnight on Monday and are now under investigation.
• Garage broken into and window of a house smashed in Scalby Road. Nothing believed to have been taken.
• Garage broken into in Scalby Road. Nothing believed to have been taken.
• Attempted burglary in Scalby Road. Offender attempted to gain entry through front bay window.
• Hatterboard Drive. House broken into. A small amount of cash and jewellery were taken.
• Hatterboard Drive. Attempted burglary. Offender tried to force entry through porch and front door.
Officers are appealing to anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area overnight to contact Scarborough police on 101.
Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For hints and tips about securing your home and outbuildings against thieves visit www.northyorkshire.police.uk
You are ten times more likely to be burgled if your home doesn’t have basic security. If you want to be certain your home is as safe as you can make it, follow advice from the police.
A spokesman said: “Please don’t hesitate to contact your local Safer Neighbourhood Team, who will be able to advise you on the latest home security advice and equipment.”
You can get in touch with the team via the police’s non-emergency number 101.
However, in an emergency situation, you should always call 999.