Scarborough residents will have the opportunity to grill the newly-elected North Yorkshire County councillors next week at a special ‘Question Time’ event.
Five of the six county councillors for the Scarborough area will sit on a question panel, chaired by Scarborough Urban Area Forum chairman, Ros Fox.
They will answer questions on any of the services that are delivered locally by North Yorkshire County Council and will be quizzed on their policies and election pledges.
On the panel will be:
• Cllr John Ritchie (Labour) - Falsgrave & Stepney division
• Cllr Penny Marsden (Conservative) - Ramshill & Weaponness division
• Cllr Eric Broadbent (Labour) – Northstead division
• Cllr Andrew Backhouse (Conservative) – Newby division
• Cllr David Billing (Labour) – Woodlands division
Mrs Fox said: “These question time events have become quite popular with residents, especially when we have councillors on the panel. They are a chance for residents to ask direct questions to the decision makers as well as an opportunity for councillors to present and debate their local policies.”
The event will be held next Wednesday at 7pm at The Street, in William Street car park. For more information contact Matthew Joseph on 07786 621924 or Kerry Lee on 01723 232472.