Scarborough fire crews called out as cash machine catches fire

Firefighters were called out in the early hours when a cash machine caught fire in Scarborough.

Thursday, 26th April 2018, 9:02 am
Updated Thursday, 26th April 2018, 9:11 am
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

North Yorkshire Fire Service was alerted about the fire in St Thomas Street shortly after 3.40am.

Also in news: Six sentenced after violent disorder in ScarboroughA spokesman said it was believed to have started due to an electrical fault.

He said: "The fire head been extinguished prior to the crews arrival by staff using an extinguisher.

Sign up to our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

"Our crews from Scarborough checked the unit over using a thermal image camera to ensure the fire was out."