Toys on gas fire led to blaze at Scarborough house
FIREFIGHTERS dealt with a blaze caused by toys left on top of a gas fire in the living room ofÂ a house in Scarborough.
Two crews from Scarborough Fire Station were called to the house on Franklin Street just before 5pm yesterday. (Tues Feb 21)
A North Yorkshire Fire an d Rescue Service spokesman said: "Fire damage was caused to toys which had been placed on top of the gas fire.
"There was also smoke damage to the remainder of the property. The crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a positive pressure ventilation fan. The cause is believed to be accidental."