A strange substance which spilled at a recycling centre has been identified.
The hazardous substance has been tested and is believed to be a formaldehyde based product which is not a danger to the public.
Emergency services were called to Seamer Carr Household Waste Recycling Centre at 8.27am this morning (Wednesday May 19).
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue's Andy Blade said: "We have only just established what is believed to be the source, a formaldehyde based product in a drum of approximately 25 litres."
The container split open at the centre and some workers reacted to the product. No injuries were reported.
Four fire appliances originally attended the incidents along with police and ambulance vehicles.
Fire crews used breathing apparatus, chemical test and an onsite spill kit.
Mr Blades added: "We would like to remind members of the public to dispose of waste properly."