Prolonged rain is forecast for most of Thursday continuing into Friday.
The rain falls on already sodden ground which last weekend saw the River Esk burst its banks at Danby, leading the Met Office to warn there may be a disruption from flooding.
The Met Office website gives a list of what to expect:
Post-war asbestos bungalows to be demolished in Scarborough as plans for new terraced homes approved
IN PICTURES: 25 Images from a hot and sunny day at Danby Show
Filey man wanted by police after 'serious' assault and criminal damage incident
Vandalised Scarborough allotments to be restored as council approves plans to help tackle hundreds stuck on waiting lists
Tributes to Patricia David, Scarborough's former 'Save the Futurist' campaign leader, who has died aged 85
- Homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, with a risk that some communities may be cut off by flooded roads
- Delays or cancellations to train and bus services are possible
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, causing a danger to life