MINOR LEAGUE: Raiders hit eight in semi-final success against Seamer

Scholes Park Raiders Under-12s beat Seamer 8-1 in the semi-finals of the Scarborough & District Cup.

By The Newsroom
Friday, 24th March 2017, 12:01 pm
Updated Saturday, 25th March 2017, 10:59 am
Minor League round up
Minor League round up

The first half of the game saw end-to-end football with Harley Adams breaking the deadlock with a neat finish for Scholes, only for Archie McNaughton to equalise for Seamer with a fantastic strike from a free-kick.

Minutes later Coby Rowe took the scoreline to 2-1 in favour of Scholes just before the half-time whistle.

The second half started much as the same as the first half, however Scholes soon got back on to the score-sheet with a further goal coming from Rowe.

Sign up to our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter

Minutes later Reuben Hartley followed up an Adams free-kick, slotting the ball into the back of the net taking the score to 4-1.

Seamer still pressed hard to get back into the game, but good goalkeeping from Daniel Taylor stopped them from scoring.

Scholes, eager for a semi-final win, continued their scoring with a further three goals coming from Sam Hampton, Adams and Hartley.

Just before the final whistle an own goal materialised, sending Raiders into the final with an 8-1 win.

Ayton Under-12s picked up maximum points from their game at Phoenix.

The visitors took a comprehensive 5-0 victory to stay in third place in the league.

They sit 12 points adrift of leaders Kirkbymoorside with three games in hand.

Heslerton Under-12s lost a difficult cup semi-final 5-0 against league leaders Kirkbymoorside.

A goalless first half saw some excellent defensive performances in tricky, blustery conditions, particularly from Heslerton’s players’ player and captain Henry Ware and goalkeeper Ben Peckitt, who made a string of superb saves to keep the scores level.

Kirkby opened the scoring early in the second half and, despite Heslerton’s defensive work, added to their lead soon after.

Now firmly in control, Kirkby ended 5-0 winners to book their place in the final.

FC Seamer Juniors Under-14s won 4-0 against South Cave Sporting.

Seamer kept themselves in line for promotion from the Hull Boys League Division Two with an easy win.

It was Seamer who took the early lead after a fine run and cross from William Penfold found Ollie Plant in the box, who made no mistake to make it 1-0.

Seamer adapted to the windy conditions better by keeping hold of the ball and playing quick, attacking football, but couldn’t increase their lead by half-time.

Once again Seamer started quickly after the break and another great cross from Christian Boyes from the left picked out Aaron Holdsworth to make it 2-0.

Seamer continued to create chances and that pressure paid off when they won a penalty, which was coolly put away by Aiden Crawford to make it 3-0.

It was Crawford who sealed the game with a brilliant chip over the keeper from the edge of the box to make 4-0.

Ollie Stanton hit five as Heslerton Juniors Under-14s eased past Kirkbymoorside in a game where the wind and the hosts caused the visiting Blues first-half problems.

Roman Butterfield and captain Stanton gave their side a half-time lead before a brace from Jayden Jefferson and a goal from Tom Stockdale made things comfortable.

Stanton hit two more before Joseph Richardson headed in from a corner.

Then the Blues captain scored twice more before centre-half Alex Muir hit his first goal of the season.

Butterfield grabbed his second before Kirkby broke their duck with a fine solo effort from Charlie Ridley.

Midfielder Stockdale was to add his second before the final whistle.

Man of the match for Heslerton was the hard-working Tyler Green and worth a mention was Kirkby keeper Toby Crusher, who made some outstanding saves, especially in the opening period.

Whitby Fishermen Under-14s beat Heslerton Hawks 5-2.

Hawks put up a spirited display, pushing Fisherman to the limit.

After conceding two early set-pieces, the Hawks matched their opponents with stand-out defensive displays from man of the match Josh Robertson and Ihsan Eroglu.

As the tackles flew in from both sides, Josh Dolan stood out for the Hawks and it was his hard work that set-up Tom Allan to curl a sublime finish into the top corner.

Back came Whitby, counter-attacking to extend their lead, only for Jayden Isaac to rifle home from 20 yards.

Heslerton threw everything forward in search of an equaliser, only to be picked off in the last couple of minutes to give Whitby a well deserved win in a compelling clash.

Scalby Under-14s beat Ayton 12-3 in their League Cup semi-final.

Scalby raced into an early lead, Jake Reeves scoring after 45 seconds, further goals from an Owen Lambert double, Connor Avison and a deft finish from Kai Wood put Scalby 5-0 up before Ayton clawed one back just before half-time with a volley from Alex Potter.

In the second half Reeves and Avison got another each, while Scalby man of the match Lambert completed his treble.

Reuben Staveley got a quickfire double, Tyler Smith notched a close-range over-head kick and centre-back Olly Backhouse made it 12.

A younger Ayton side never gave up and got two late goals which their efforts thoroughly deserved through Jamie MacDonald and Kian Heblich.

Ayton man of the match was shared between goalscorer Potter and Ayton’s youngest player Kyle Hatton.

Scalby meet Fishermen in the final at Bridlington Town ground on Sunday April 30, which should be a great game.