Pier and Edgehill make it two wins in two


EDGEHILL and West Pier made it two wins from two as they both collected three points to stay at the top of the division one table and continue their solid starts to the 2011/12 campaign.

West Pier were in control of their clash at home to Scalby, although the away side started brightly and should have taken the lead.



Pier found their feet though and controlled large parts of the match, Neil Thomas breaking the deadlock and going on to fire in a hat-trick that included a penalty for hand-ball.

Mikey Hartnett also netted for Pier, who had midfielder Ronnie Lamb in superb form.

Terry Jenkinson continued his 100 per cent record as Edgehill boss with a 4-2 win at Ayton.

Man of the match Chris Nelson, Scarborough Town midfielder Jamie Patterson, Paul Allick and Matty Gill all found the back of the net, while Luke Jones and Steve Roberts scored for Ayton.



Kev David’s Eastfield St James side were pushed right to the death to take their three points at home to Westover Wasps.

Scarborough Athletic full-back Frank Belt scored Eastfield’s opener in fortuitous fashion when his effort from the edge of the area was deflected in.

Danny Locke levelled for Westover but with just two minutes left on the clock Ali Caw slammed home a superb volley that won Eastfield the match.

Newlands Park Reserves were the big winners in the second division as they hammered Edgehill Reserves 9-0 away from home.



The clash was Edgehill’s first of the season and they never got out of first gear as Newlands ran riot out at Staxton.

Flixton’s hopes of an immediate return to the top flight suffered a blow when they lost their second game on the spin at home to Seamer.

Matty Dawson’s men ran out 4-2 winners after a tight contest.

In the final contest of the evening in division two, Filey Town Reserves and Eastfield St James Reserves battled out a ten-goal thriller.

Eastfield were the eventual winners by a 6-4 scoreline.

Division three saw two games postponed to a later date.

Cayton Corinthians Reserves home match against Ayton Reserves was off as there was no referee, while FC Soba and Westover Wasps Reserves will replay their fixture at a later date as Westover weren’t able to raise a side - Soba agreeing to a postponement.

Snainton go top after they smashed in 14-goals without reply at Scalby Reserves.

Lee Drydale bagged an incredible eight goals, while Liam Cummings banged in a hat-trick, Dave Bell fired in two and Paddy Mancrief netted too.

Whitby RUFC inflicted Sleights’ second loss on the bounce in their debut season with a 3-2 win, while Seamer Reserves beat Ganton 7-1 and Falsgrave FC beat FC Filey 1-0 at home.