Tigers crush Strensall to keep title bid afloat

Brooklyn JFC U9s Tigers 8

Strensall U9s B 1

Brooklyn, who needed to win their last two games to claim the league, started this game excellently as they took a three-goal lead at half-time through goals from Josh Garvey, George Daisey and a penalty from Billy Chapman.

Brooklyn carried on playing good football in the second half and were scoring with nearly every shot and took an eight-goal lead with goals from Ben McDonald, two from man of the match Lewis Saunders and Chapman getting two more for his hat-trick, and his 60th goal of a superb season for the marksman.

Strensall did get one goal back to make the final score 8-1.

Next week Brooklyn entertain Hamilton Panthers in the title decider.

Brooklyn JFC U9s Lions 0

Strensall U9s A 1

It was a very even game with good football played by both teams in a fair match.

Brooklyn dealt with the pressure from Strensall Tigers well with great defending from man of the match Cameron Mellow.

Strensall took the lead and Brooklyn pressed hard for an equaliser with Rowan Ford and Billy Leach both going close, however the game finished 1-0.

Brooklyn JFC U8s Lions 0

Wigginton Grasshoppers U9s A 1

Brooklyn under-eights Lions entertained Grasshoppers on Sunday and played their best game of the season.

Although the Lions suffered their first defeat in the second half of the season, they put their training sessions into practice.

There were a number of good chances for man of the match Ethan Oakes, who set up Matthew Lock and Oliver Towse.

Unfortunately they couldn’t beat the well-organised Grasshoppers.

A good defence and midfield performance was shown by the organisation through captain Will Lightfoot, keeping the score level until the final few minutes, when Wigginton broke away and scored the winning goal.

Brooklyn JFC U9s Tigers 8

Wigginton Grasshoppers U9s B 1

Brooklyn Tigers entertained Wigginton Grasshoppers on a beautiful morning.

From the kick-off the Tigers were under attack from a very well organised Wigginton side.

By half-time the score was 5-0 to Wigginton.

The second half continued as the first with Wigginton passing the ball with ease.

A further seven goals were scored, to make the final score 12-0.