Metcalf impresses with double success as Ingle and O'Toole also shine

Three Scarborough ABC boxers were in fine form recently, with all three securing victories.

Thursday, 21st January 2016, 9:20 am
Updated Thursday, 21st January 2016, 9:29 am
Harry Ingle in action

Making his competitive debut, was 11-year-old Riley Metcalf, who travelled to York to face Henry Wharton protégé Bradley Richardson.

Despite the occasion, the Scarborough youngster showed no sign of nerves as he picked his shots carefully against the advancing Richardson to take a lead into the final round.

Richardson made a brave effort to turn the fight in his favour but it was always Metcalf who landed the cleaner blows before being awarded a clear points decision.

Kyle O'Toole picked up a win on the road

Metcalf replicated his fine form when he was again involved in an all-action encounter when he faced Southampton boxer Owen Sherred at Rotherham.

Despite conceding height and weight to his southpaw opponent, the Scarborough boxer applied constant, controlled pressure as he forced the pace, while switching the attack to head and body.

Into the final round, the fast pace appeared to catch up on the Southampton boxer as Metcalf pushed forward all the way to the final bell in order to secure the victory.

Also facing tough opposition was Harry Ingle when he went to York to face local boxer Toby Shaw.

Kyle O'Toole picked up a win on the road

Throughout the three rounds of action that followed, both boxers displayed skills and determination beyond their young years.

However, it was Ingle who constantly landed the cleaner shots behind an educated jab, as he made full use of the ring to avoid Shaw.

Both boxers had the audience on their feet during the contest, but it was the Scarborough man who appeared to land the cleaner shots.

Ingle was awarded victory by the judges.

Kyle O’Toole made a journey to Hartlepool where he faced Gavin Martin.

From the first bell it was it was evident that the Hartlepool man was trying to out-muscle his younger opponent, but O’Toole used his skills and movement to avoid heavy punishment despite losing the opening round.

O’Toole began to find his range as he used his reach in the following rounds landing accurate straight shots.

Going into the final round it was clear that O’Toole had taken charge of the contest as he finished strongly to seal another points decision.