Thirteen of Scarborough Amateur Boxing Club’s top prospects will be in action on the club’s first home show in two years tomorrow tonight (Thursday).
The home show, which will be held at the Blue Dolphin, will see the likes of Kyle O’Toole, Yorkshire champion Riley Metcalf and Harry Ingle, nephew of former IBF and IBO world champion Paul, taking to the ring in front of their home support.
Boxing gets under way at 8.30pm with Bobbie Cappleman’s bout, with Gary Walker topping the bill against Tom Gott from City of Hull ABC.
O’Toole has had another late change of opponent and faces a familiar foe in Sunderland’s Steven Patterson.
Harry Ingle also steps into the ring for a rematch against a former opponent, meeting Scunthorpe’s Darren Dodds.
Scarborough ABC’s O’Toole said: “I’m buzzing for it, ticket sales have got brilliantly, over 30 sponsored tables sold and with it being over two years since the last show the lads have trained hard for it as they’re all excited with 13 home boxers taking part.”
Over 25 sponsored ringside tables have been sold for the show, with plenty of standard tickets also gone.
There will be a handful available on the door, priced at £10 or £6 for OAPs or Under-14s.
Scarborough professionals George Rhodes Jr and Jamie Scotter will be in attendance to support their former clubmates.
THE FIGHT CARD
1. (31kg) Bobbie Cappleman v C Zagorski
2. (60kg) Alfie Williams-Stanton v A Flockton
3. (44kg) Murphy Jenkinson v A Buckley
4. (62kg) Zeke Gledhill v K Marshall
5. (40kg) Joe Cappleman v K Stesel
6. (40kg) Riley Metcalf v Louis Cunningham
7. (49kg) Justin Rudd v N Ellis
8. (52kg) Harry Ingle v Darren Dodds
9. (60kg) Kieron Brown v Callum Dyce
10. (81kg) Kyle O’Toole v Steven Patterson
11. (72kg) Tom Jenkinson v T Maltby
12. (70kg) Richard Simpson v N Shepherd.