Electric fire in bedroom starts blaze at Scarborough house

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
Firefighters were called to a house in Scarborough yesterday following reports of a fire.

Fire crews attended a fire in a bedroom of a house in Stepney Road at 11am yesterday morning. The fire caused 50 per cent smoke damage to the bedroom and 100 per cent fire damage to an electric fire.

The cause is believed to be a faulty electrical appliance. Crews used breathing apparatus, hose reel, and a positive pressure ventilation fan to combat the flames.

They also administered first aid to a casualty who suffered slight smoke inhalation and one who had fallen and hit their head and an ambulance was called.

Related topics: