Fire crew called to blaze in airing cupboard in Whitby flats

Fire crews were called to a blaze in an airing cupboard at flats in Whitby yesterday (Sun).

By Carl Gavaghan, Local Democracy Reporting Service
Monday, 7th December 2020, 8:36 am
Updated Monday, 7th December 2020, 8:42 am

The flames caused severe damage to the cupboard and smoke damage to the flats on Chubb Hill Road at around 1am.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets, a thermal imaging camera and a ventilation fan to put out the fire and clear smoke from the building.

A message from the editor

Firefighters were called to a blaze in flats in Whitby,

Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.

In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.

Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the highest standards in the world.

The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers and consequently the advertising that we receive.

We are now more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news by buying a copy of our newspaper.

Thank you

Jean MacQuarrie, Editor-in-Chief