Fire crews called to fire at Scarborough shop

Firefighters were called to a blaze believed to have been started by a blow torch at a Scarborough shop yesterday (Monday March 29).

By Sarah Fitton
Tuesday, 30th March 2021, 9:09 am
Updated Tuesday, 30th March 2021, 9:10 am

Teams from Scarborough Filey and Robin Hood's Bay were deployed to the fire on the flat roof of the store in front of a first floor flat on Aberdeen Walk at 2.24pm.

The road had to be shut to allow an aerial ladder platform to be set up.

A wooden beam and a small amount of roofing felt were damaged.

Sign up to our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter

Stock image. JPI Media.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The cause is believed to be careless use of a blow torch.