Fire crews called when DIY job went wrong

Firefighters attended a fire in a kitchen in Scarborough when a DIY job went wrong.

By The Newsroom
Monday, 20th February 2017, 6:33 am
Updated Wednesday, 1st March 2017, 8:23 am
Firefighters were called to the incident on Manor Road
Firefighters were called to the incident on Manor Road

Scarborough crews were called to a fire to floorboards in a kitchen, in Manor Road, at just after 11.30am yesterday (Sunday February 19).

Sign up to our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said the fire broke out when the occupant sawed through a gas pipe during some DIY work.

Fire fighters used one hose reel jet to extinguish and removed the smoldering floorboards.