Fire crews were called to Whitby Hospital at about 5.30pm after a child had trapped their finger in a piece of train track. Crews used small tools to free the child's finger.
At about 7pm firefighters in Scarborough were called to an incident where a sofa had been set on fire. Crews were called to Manham Hill and believe the fire had been started deliberately, they used a hose reel to put out the flames.
Firefighters from Robin Hood's Bay were called to a chimney fire in Flyingthorpe, Whitby at about 8.15pm, caused by an accumulation of soot. Crews used one hose reel and chimney rods to extinguish the fire.
A Scarborough fire crew were called to a small bin fire on Marine Drive at about 9.30pm. The fire was caused by a disposable BBQ being put in the bin and crews used a hose reel to put of the fire.