Fire crews kept busy with calls on Yorkshire Coast

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
Fire crews on the Yorkshire Coast were busy yesterday evening after receiving calls to multiple incidents.

Fire crews were called to Whitby Hospital at about 5.30pm after a child had trapped their finger in a piece of train track. Crews used small tools to free the child's finger.

At about 7pm firefighters in Scarborough were called to an incident where a sofa had been set on fire. Crews were called to Manham Hill and believe the fire had been started deliberately, they used a hose reel to put out the flames.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Firefighters from Robin Hood's Bay were called to a chimney fire in Flyingthorpe, Whitby at about 8.15pm, caused by an accumulation of soot. Crews used one hose reel and chimney rods to extinguish the fire.

A Scarborough fire crew were called to a small bin fire on Marine Drive at about 9.30pm. The fire was caused by a disposable BBQ being put in the bin and crews used a hose reel to put of the fire.

Related topics: