Firefighters called out after barbecue starts fire in Scarborough

A barbecue is believed to have started a bin fire in Scarborough last night.

Thursday, 25th June 2020, 9:31 am
Updated Thursday, 25th June 2020, 9:32 am

Firefighters were called at 10.14pm to reports of a bin on fire.

They say the careless disposal of a barbecue may have been the cause.

A few hours earlier - at 6.37pm - they had been called to put out another bin on fire in Malton.

Sign up to our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

l

The cause of that fire is believed to be accidental.

A message from the editor

Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.

In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.

Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the highest standards in the world. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers and consequently the advertising that we receive. We are now more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news by buying a copy of our newspaper.

Thank you

Jean MacQuarrie

Editor-in-Chief